I wrote this feature a few months back. I thought about writing a whole new one but realized this describes how much we enjoy these products as well as their importance in our diet right from the owner herself, enjoy!
If you have already heard of Gluten Free Prairie then you know just how amazing this company and their products are. If you haven’t then you are in for a life changing treat! Oats are not something you can tolerate you say? Even those that are certified gluten free? Never enjoying oats again is just not acceptable in my book. Enter Gluten Free Prairie.
Gluten Free Prairie is a wonderful family owned company based in Montana. Owners Jeremy, Deb and Rick Wheaton truly care about the health and wellness of their customers. The pride and care that is taken in growing their very special oats is just impeccable! If you have ever have the pleasure of meeting this wonderful couple, you will learn what I did in a matter of minutes, that they are very knowledgeable in the needs of those living gluten free and especially with celiac disease. Thanks to this knowledge and concern, our gluten free community will forever be changed by the creation of Gluten Free Prairie’s certified gluten free, HULL-LESS oats.
From the Owner:
We know that oats are naturally gluten-free but often cross-contaminated in the field. We also know that oats are among the most nutritious of all cereal grains making them the perfect addition to any diet. And our GFP Oats can take a healthy gluten-free diet to a whole new level.
- Because our Gluten-Free Prairie Oat is naturally hull-less, it requires minimal processing and has not been soaked or steamed. Bonus: there is no hull debris to remove prior to packaging. Additionally we’ve been really impressed with their 18 month shelf-life. (Possibly due to the lower moisture content)
- This new variety of hull-less oats, developed at Montana State University, is also higher in protein than many other varieties. Most oats are approx. 13% protein, while Gluten-Free Prairie Oats consistently test out between 17 & 22% protein.
Our Gluten-Free Prairie Oats are also:
- A Certified Gluten-Free Product – consistently testing at 3ppm
- High in Fiber and Protein – which is often lacking in a gluten-free diet
- Non GMO and Certified Kosher
- Naturally Creamy and Delicious
- Grown in gluten-free fields
- Harvested and Packaged in a designated gluten-free facility in Southwest Montana, USA. Just a few miles from the designated gluten-free field.
GFP is also a proud sponsor of the Celiac Disease Foundation (www.celiac.org), our goal is to provide our gluten-free community with healthy, field to fork products.
My family and I just adore these oats! We eat them hot for breakfast, in recipes, like my favorite and healthy Oatmeal Meatloaf or Mom’s Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies. In addition to delicious oats, Gluten Free Prairie also produced the most delicious Granola Bites. Full of nutrition, crunch and amazing flavor! The bites are a great way to enjoy a healthy snack on-the-go. They also make a wonderful topper to granola and even the traditional Gluten Free Prairie hot oatmeal for a creamy, crunchy bowl of goodness! Gluten Free Prairie oats on oats? Love it!!! Since we have been doing P90X for the past 60 days, I have been missing my sweets. For that reason, I created this delicious, yet healthy breakfast dish. (As you can see, my little guy sure loved them! ) Thank you to the Wheaton’s for creating this truly game changing product for those of us living gluten free. I am honored to call you my friends.
Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Oatmeal
1/2 c. Gluten Free Prairie Oats
3 drops Liquid Vanilla Stevia (I like Sweet Leaf brand)
1/4 c. Organic Chocolate Milk
Drizzle of Raw Chocolate Syrup (I like Wilderness Family Naturals)
*Boil 1 c. of water. Add 1/2 c. Gluten Free Prairie Oats then reduce heat. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place oats in a bowl, add stevia and stir. Add chocolate milk and strawberries. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and enjoy!
SO ARE YOU READY TO WIN SOME GLUTEN FREE PRAIRIE GOODNESS?! ENTER BELOW.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
** I was provided with product for review purposes. I was not paid or compensated in any way for my reviews. They are my opinions and my opinions alone.