Following closely after Real Salt, Redmond Clay is my second favorite product EVER! This healing clay is the ONLY thing that helps subside pain when I have accidentally been glutened. For me the pain is so horrendous that I tried everything from pain meds to regular tylenol to help ease the pain. After discovering that Redmond Clay, when taken internally, helps with the symptoms of being glutened, I was a fan for life! In fact, I keep the mini pouches in my car for emergencies and the jars in our house. We also use this clay for the most natural baby powder, facials and acne, bug bites, bee stings and sunburns. It really is amazing stuff!
Millions of years ago, long before the earth knew pollutants of any kind, a range of volcanoes erupted, spreading volcanic ash across the ancient Sundance Sea. The water in this sea evaporated, leaving behind a bed of mineral-rich bentonite.
Near the small town of Redmond, Utah, we carefully extract this ancient volcanic ash, now resting deep within the earth, and bring it to you in its pure, natural state. Redmond Clay contains more than 50 natural trace minerals essential to human health.
Using the Dry Redmond Clay: People say using it as baby powder causes diaper rash to disappear by the next diaper change. Some people feel that sprinkling the dry Redmond Clay on an open, infected wound causes more of a drawing/healing action than using the gel.
Redmond Clay helps eliminate food allergies, food poisoning, mucus colitis, spastic colitis, viral infections, such as stomach flu, and parasites (parasites are unable to reproduce in the presence of clay).Works well with burns, bug bites, detoxification, etc. Clay can be used externally in many ways such as a clay poultice, mud pack or in the bath and, in skin care applications. In addition, it can be taken internally with water or spread upon food.
Mix 1 teaspoon of dry powder clay in a half glass of water, stir it up, and let it sit 6 to 8 hours. Then drink either the clear liquid off the top, or stir it up and drink all of it. Depending on your liking, you can drink it in the morning, throughout the day, or in the evening. People find that the clay water tastes better cold than at room temperature.
Because the clay draws toxins to itself, some conditions may appear worse before they get better.
Do not leave metal in contact with the wet clay, as it will quickly rust.
Conveniently, have Redmond Clay available to drink by adding a ¼ cup of dry powder Redmond Clay to a two/three quart glass pitcher of water, stir it briskly and put it in the refrigerator. Within a few hours, the clay will settle to the bottom and most of the water will be clear. Drink freely, and when the water level gets low just wash out the remaining sediments and start over. In the book, Our Earth Our Cure, notes that drinking the clear water off the top gives basically the same results as drinking the clay itself.
Some sources recommend that you drink the clay water once a day. However, we have received feedback from customers that have had great success drinking it multiple times a day, and others drink as the need arises.
Prepare Redmond Clay for external use by mixing it with enough water to make a gel about the consistency of mustard. Use filtered or distilled water when available, but you can use tap water as well. Once mixed it will never dry out, separate, or go bad as long as you store it in an air tight container. If it does start to dry out, simply add more water and stir. The Redmond Clay gel can be stored in the fridge, the cupboard, or car; heat and cold do not affect it.
There are many different ways of using the clay externally. One of the best ways is to apply it generously in a ½ inch to ¾ inch layer directly on the skin. An alternative that allows for more mobility is to apply the gel to a piece of cheese cloth, fold the cloth as if making a ‘burrito’, and secure to the skin with an ace bandage.
After applying there are several options:
- Uncovered: Some people put on the clay and leave it uncovered so that it dries out within the hour. As it dries, it will draw or pull.
- Covered with Cloth: Covering the Redmond Clay with a cloth will hold it in place and cause the clay to dry slower. Doing this enables you to leave the clay on overnight or to walk around the house without getting wet clay all over the furniture. Wetting the cloth with water will slow the drying rate and cause more of a cooling sensation.
- Covered with Plastic: Covering the Redmond Clay Gel with plastic wrap or a plastic bag keeps the clay from drying out which is important if you are applying to a burn. Even though the clay doesn’t dry out, some people will wash the clay off and replace it once or twice a day. Other people have left the same pack on a burn for a couple of days until the burn was ‘just pink skin’. One key: Do not let the clay dry on a burn; keep it moist until it is time to wash it off.
- Using the Dry Redmond Clay: People say using it as baby powder causes diaper rash to disappear by the next diaper change. Some people feel that sprinkling the dry Redmond Clay on an open, infected wound causes more of a drawing/healing action than using the gel.
- Clay Baths: Many people in the health food industry feel that the skin is a primary avenue for detoxificaiton. Putting Redmond Clay in the bath seems to increase the drawing effect which helps people detoxify. To use the clay for a clay bath, simply add 1 to 2 cups of Redmond Clay under the faucet as you fill the tub of hot water. Soak in it fro 30 to 45 minutes.
- An alternate technique is do a foot bath. To do this simply put 3 tablespoons of the Redmond Clay in a pan of water and soak your feet for 30- 45 minutes.
For additional directions, please refer to the book, Our Earth, Our Cure.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*These are my opinions and my opinions alone. I was not paid or compensated in anyway for my review nor was I required to write a positive review. I am not a doctor and do not take any responsibility for each individuals personal health changes from this or any other product on this website. Please always use your own discretion when using any product.