We had the great opportunity of trying these lovely new gluten free products. WOW, they were amazing!!! My friend is the owner of Gluten Free Country Store and he agreed with me in saying their chocolate cake is the best we have had. Since carrying these products, he is having a hard time keeping them on the shelves, everyone loves them so much! The products have excellent consistency and are easy to use. I really enjoy their spot on flavors and textures. Great job Sun Flour Mills!
Chocolate Cake: I actually used this to make my sweet Madden’s 1st birthday cupcakes and they turned out amazing! Everyone who tried them thought they were so good and wouldn’t believe me that they were gluten free. They were so moist and full of rich, chocolate flavor. I am not usually a cake OR a chocolate girl, but this cake converted me.
Pastry Flour: This is another product we used for Madden’s birthday but this time it was to create his cake. I really didn’t want him to have tons of refined sugar so I made him this honey sweetened cake using the pastry flour from Sun Flour Mills and it was so great to be able to work with it so easily, and as you can see, he thoroughly enjoyed it!
Sugar Cookies: We made these cookies for Madden’s cookies and milk birthday party and they were a great addition to the menu. I loved that they were crunchy and sweet. The kiddos loved them and they were perfect for pictures too!
Pizza: This was probably the closest gluten free pizza crust to traditional (full of gluten) pizza we have ever eaten. My picky husband, who is especially picky about pizza, really enjoyed it and thought it was the best we have had yet! Wonderful texture and taste. Enough so that it could easily have been served as a cheesy bread. I love that it didn’t need a bunch of toppings to make it delicious.
Pumpkin Spice Cake: I turned these into delicious little cupcakes by adding white chocolate chips to the middle of the cupcake before baking, then topping with cream cheese frosting once they were cooled. They were SO delicious and moist! I loved that I could serve them to guests we had in town and they were asking for more…yay!
Be sure to check out the other amazing products offered by Sun Flour Mills. They have Sandwich Bread & Rolls Mix, Whole Grain Sandwich Bread and Whole Grain All-purpose Flour Mix. The rolls make up pillow soft and are excellent served with dinner. Your guests will never know they are gluten free!
So are you ready to win some Sun Flour Mills items!
**(1) Grand Prize Winner- Will receive a box of 6 Sun Flour Mills full size products all for themselves! That’s a lot of yummy, gluten free baking you could do!!!
(Mandatory) Become a follower on glutenfreefrenzy.com AND visit Sun Flour Mills website and tell me the product of theirs that sounds best to you and why.
1. Visit Sun Flour Mills on Facebook AND leave a comment thanking them for this giveaway. Leave a comment here saying you did.
2. Visit Gluten Free Frenzy on Facebook AND leave a comment telling us what you would make with the pastry flour. Leave a comment here saying you did.
3. Follow Sun Flour Mills and glutenfreefrenz (yes our Twitter name is without the “y”) on Twitter AND tweet about this giveaway with a link to www.glutenfreefrenzy.com. Leave a comment here saying you did. (Tweet once a day for extra entries! Just make sure to post them in the comments below so they count.)
4. Grab our blog button in the top left corner (beneath the big welcome picture) of this site and place it on your blog. Leave a comment saying you did with a link to the place it is.
5. Post about this giveaway on your blog, Twitter or Facebook with a link back to us. Leave a comment here with the link to the post.
***EACH ENTRY MUST BE SUBMITTED SEPARATELY!!!
*If you have any questions just post to me. Also, existing fans, and followers of Gluten Free Frenzy you MUST submit that you follow or are a fan to have it count as an entry. I can’t go through everyone and submit their entry just for being a fan on my own, so please post that you are already a fan or follower if you are and specify to what (ex. Facebook, blog…) THIS IS A BLOG GIVEAWAY SO ALL ENTRIES TO WIN MUST BE DONE ON THIS BLOG POST…
*Giveaway ends Saturday March 31, 2012 at 11:59 PM (MST). This giveaway is open to US residents.
**This company provided me with sample product for review purposes on this website. I was not paid or compensated in any other way for my reviews. They are my opinions and my opinions alone.