After a year of hard work, I have finally achieved a dream of mine in creating this lovely celiac awareness night with the Arizona Diamondbacks. I couldn’t be more excited! Those of us living with celiac disease or gluten free deserve a safe and exciting evening out at the ball game. This is our chance to have that. There are three ticket price ranges from $17-42 dollars, all discounted from the traditional price and with a portion being donated to the Celiac Disease Foundation. This is a great opportunity to show our community that more awareness needs to happen for this lifelong disease. Please support this amazing event so we can make it annual. Feel free to pass this on to anyone you feel would benefit from it. What and exciting evening it will be!!! Don’t you just love the irony that our home team will be playing against the Milwaukee Brewers who’s logo is wheat? Love it!!!
What I didn’t know was how incredibly HUGE this event was going to become. With our Arizona State Governor, Jan Brewer, recently signing the petition for May to officially be Celiac Awareness Month in Arizona (it coincides with the National month) we have had more and more businesses want to participate. Here is the calendar so far with events being added all the time. Events will raise awareness and proceeds for the following organizations: Celiac Disease Foundation, National Foundation for Celiac Awareness, Gluten Intolerance Group, Celiac Sprue Association and The University of Maryland Center for Celiac Research.
- Kick-Off Event Friday May 18th- Celiac Awareness Night with The Melting Pot (Scottsdale, AZ location) Full gluten free menu for only $32.50 per person! Also, for the evening gluten free goodies from Julia’s Bakery and Danell’s Signature Blends will be on the dessert dipping plate! Both vendors will also be in the lobby sampling their treats that evening…mmm!
- Saturday May 19th- Celiac Awareness Night with the Streets of New York (ALL locations participating). Yummy, gluten free pizza for a good cause!
- RSVP event: Monday May 21st- Celiac Awareness Family Night at the Tempe Marketplace Harkins Theater! A private screening of a new release family movie with be shown at 6pm with a FREE gluten free party beginning at 5 pm. Vendor tables will be set up for you to taste and take to your seat, yummy gluten free goodies! Not to mention raffle prizes from each! ($10 for adults, $8 for children 12 and under, 2 and under not requiring their own seat, FREE)
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are surprises waiting to be announced, watch for that!
- Friday there will be a HUGE pre-game party sponsored by Find Me Gluten Free and Gluten Free Frenzy. It will be from 4-5:30 at Coach and Willies…Tons of local and nationwide gluten free goodies, gf giveaways, raffles, DJ and an opportunity to upgrade your seats to the game! Don’t miss it!!!
- Celiac Awareness Night with the Arizona Diamondbacks!!! (First pitch 6:40 pm)
- RSVP event: Gluten Free Afternoon Tea with famous tea maitre d’, Jeffrey Hattrick, at The Ritz Carlton, Phoenix!!! (12 noon, please arrive 10 minutes early to be seated, $50 per/person)
**To RSVP for the events, please send your contact information and numbers of people attending to [email protected], we will then send you an invoice that can be paid directly to our secure Paypal account. Thank you all so much for your support!!!