Millions of years ago, long before the earth knew pollutants of any kind, a range of volcanoes erupted, spreading volcanic ash across the ancient Sundance Sea. The water in this sea evaporated, leaving behind a bed of mineral-rich bentonite.
Near the small town of Redmond, Utah, we carefully extract this ancient volcanic ash, now resting deep within the earth, and bring it to you in its pure, natural state. Redmond Clay contains more than 50 natural trace minerals essential to human health.
Using the Dry Redmond Clay: People say using it as baby powder causes diaper rash to disappear by the next diaper change. Some people feel that sprinkling the dry Redmond Clay on an open, infected wound causes more of a drawing/healing action than using the gel.
Redmond Clay helps eliminate food allergies, food poisoning, mucus colitis, spastic colitis, viral infections, such as stomach flu, and parasites (parasites are unable to reproduce in the presence of clay).Works well with burns, bug bites, detoxification, etc. Clay can be used externally in many ways such as a clay poultice, mud pack or in the bath and, in skin care applications. In addition, it can be taken internally with water or spread upon food.
Mix 1 teaspoon of dry powder clay in a half glass of water, stir it up, and let it sit 6 to 8 hours. Then drink either the clear liquid off the top, or stir it up and drink all of it. Depending on your liking, you can drink it in the morning, throughout the day, or in the evening. People find that the clay water tastes better cold than at room temperature.
Because the clay draws toxins to itself, some conditions may appear worse before they get better.
Do not leave metal in contact with the wet clay, as it will quickly rust.
Conveniently, have Redmond Clay available to drink by adding a ¼ cup of dry powder Redmond Clay to a two/three quart glass pitcher of water, stir it briskly and put it in the refrigerator. Within a few hours, the clay will settle to the bottom and most of the water will be clear. Drink freely, and when the water level gets low just wash out the remaining sediments and start over. In the book, Our Earth Our Cure, notes that drinking the clear water off the top gives basically the same results as drinking the clay itself.
Some sources recommend that you drink the clay water once a day. However, we have received feedback from customers that have had great success drinking it multiple times a day, and others drink as the need arises.
Prepare Redmond Clay for external use by mixing it with enough water to make a gel about the consistency of mustard. Use filtered or distilled water when available, but you can use tap water as well. Once mixed it will never dry out, separate, or go bad as long as you store it in an air tight container. If it does start to dry out, simply add more water and stir. The Redmond Clay gel can be stored in the fridge, the cupboard, or car; heat and cold do not affect it.
There are many different ways of using the clay externally. One of the best ways is to apply it generously in a ½ inch to ¾ inch layer directly on the skin. An alternative that allows for more mobility is to apply the gel to a piece of cheese cloth, fold the cloth as if making a ‘burrito’, and secure to the skin with an ace bandage.
After applying there are several options:
- Uncovered: Some people put on the clay and leave it uncovered so that it dries out within the hour. As it dries, it will draw or pull.
- Covered with Cloth: Covering the Redmond Clay with a cloth will hold it in place and cause the clay to dry slower. Doing this enables you to leave the clay on overnight or to walk around the house without getting wet clay all over the furniture. Wetting the cloth with water will slow the drying rate and cause more of a cooling sensation.
- Covered with Plastic: Covering the Redmond Clay Gel with plastic wrap or a plastic bag keeps the clay from drying out which is important if you are applying to a burn. Even though the clay doesn’t dry out, some people will wash the clay off and replace it once or twice a day. Other people have left the same pack on a burn for a couple of days until the burn was ‘just pink skin’. One key: Do not let the clay dry on a burn; keep it moist until it is time to wash it off.
- Using the Dry Redmond Clay: People say using it as baby powder causes diaper rash to disappear by the next diaper change. Some people feel that sprinkling the dry Redmond Clay on an open, infected wound causes more of a drawing/healing action than using the gel.
- Clay Baths: Many people in the health food industry feel that the skin is a primary avenue for detoxificaiton. Putting Redmond Clay in the bath seems to increase the drawing effect which helps people detoxify. To use the clay for a clay bath, simply add 1 to 2 cups of Redmond Clay under the faucet as you fill the tub of hot water. Soak in it fro 30 to 45 minutes.
- An alternate technique is do a foot bath. To do this simply put 3 tablespoons of the Redmond Clay in a pan of water and soak your feet for 30- 45 minutes.
For additional directions, please refer to the book, Our Earth, Our Cure.
So are you ready to win some Redmond Clay?!
**(1) Grand Prize Winner- Will receive a jar of Redmond Clay for their own home!!!
HERE’S HOW TO ENTER: (Please leave your e-mail with each entry so I can contact you if you win.)
(Mandatory) Become a follower on glutenfreefrenzy.com AND visit Diaperstyle and tell me another product that looks interesting to you. If you are already a follower, please still leave a comment that you are. If possible tell a friend about this site.
3. Grab our blog button in the top left corner (beneath the big welcome picture) of this site and place it on your blog. Leave a comment saying you did with a link to the place it is.
4. We are doing our HUGE Re-Grand Opening on Diaperstyle.com. To receive (3) extra entries, visit Diaperstyle’s Facebook page and enter one of the giveaways, they are awesome!!! (leave 3 comments to receive 3 entries)
5. Post about this giveaway on your blog, Twitter or Facebook with a link back to us. (3 entries!!! So be sure to leave 3 comments for this.)
***EACH ENTRY MUST BE SUBMITTED SEPARATELY!!!
*If you have any questions just post to me. Also, existing fans, and followers of Gluten Free Frenzy you MUST submit that you follow or are a fan to have it count as an entry. I can’t go through everyone and submit their entry just for being a fan on my own, so please post that you are already a fan or follower if you are and specify to what (ex. Facebook, blog…) THIS IS A BLOG GIVEAWAY SO ALL ENTRIES TO WIN MUST BE DONE ON THIS BLOG POST…
*Giveaway ends Sunday June 13, 2010 at 11:59 PM (MST). This giveaway is open to the Continental US.